By SMD Staff
If you have a passion for business and a love for sports, pursuing an online sports management degree is a fantastic goal to strive for. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the field of entertainment and sports occupations is projected to grow by a staggering 13 percent from 2021 to 2031. This growth rate is significantly faster than the average for most other occupations. With roles such as business managers and sports agents earning an average annual wage of $116,410, sports management can certainly be a lucrative career path.
Related Resource: Can I Earn a Specialized Sports Marketing Degree?
Nội dung chính
What is Sports Management?
Sports management is the business side of sports and recreation, encompassing the commercial aspects of the industry. Many people enjoy sports, and some are particularly drawn to the excitement and challenges inherent in the field. Individuals with these qualities can pursue online sports degrees and build successful careers in the sports management industry.
The field of sports management is vast, with professionals working for professional clubs and organizations such as the National Football League (NFL), the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Major League Baseball (MLB), and the National Hockey League (NHL). Sports managers also find employment in recreational departments and sports marketing agencies, taking on roles such as event managers, facilities managers, sports economists, and more. They can also work in finance, promotion, and information professions, among others.
In addition to working as agents and managers, sports management professionals may pursue careers as athlete development specialists, contract analysts, event coordinators, athletic coaches, sports lawyers, sport marketers, contract administrators, directors of operations, and public relations specialists, among other roles.
Online Degrees in Sports Management
Online education has become more prevalent than ever, with colleges and universities offering an array of online platforms. From free classes and bootcamps to certifications and degree programs, there is a wide range of online education opportunities available. Online degree programs in sports management are widely accessible for those who wish to enter the field. Online programs offer several advantages:
- Flexibility: Online programs allow you to pursue your goals at your own pace. You can access course materials remotely and study according to your own schedule.
- Convenience: Online degrees are ideal for individuals who need to work while completing their degree. It allows them to balance their professional commitments while pursuing their education.
- Location Independence: Earning your sports management degree online gives you the freedom to study from anywhere in the world.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Online programs are generally more affordable than on-campus programs, as they eliminate expenses like housing, meal plans, and commuting costs.
Methodology for Online Sports Management Degrees
In order to identify the top 25 online sports management degree programs, we conducted research using the NCES College Navigator. We focused on colleges that offer online sports management degrees and looked for accreditation by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA), the official organization responsible for accrediting sport management programs. We also took into consideration factors such as student-to-faculty ratios, undergraduate net cost, graduation rates, and additional accreditations.
Considering these factors, we devised a rating system and narrowed down the list to the top 25 programs. Below are the programs that made the cut:
Best Online Sports Management Bachelor Degrees
|School||Student:Faculty Ratio||Undergrad Net Price||Graduation Rate||Score|
|Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale||16:1||$31,984||67%||4|
|Maryville University of Saint Louis||13:1||$24,733||73%||4|
|Missouri Baptist University||20:1||$23,356||41%||4|
|Southern New Hampshire University||24:1||$21,502||39%||4|
|Toccoa Falls College||15:1||$20,969||53%||4|
|Eastern Kentucky University||15:1||$14,271||48%||4|
|University of Alaska Fairbanks||12:1||$9,379||38%||4|
|University of Iowa||15:1||$17,599||74%||5|
|Colorado Mesa University||18:1||$15,324||38%||5|
|American Public University||22:1||$11,916||49%||5|
|Concordia University – Saint Paul||18:1||$15,944||53%||6|
|University of Memphis||16:1||$14,251||57%||6|
|University of Minnesota Crookston||16:1||$11,935||56%||6|
|Florida International University||24:1||$9,398||67%||6|
|University of Florida – Online||49:1||$9,024||72%||6|
The field of sports management offers a wide range of career possibilities. The opportunities for growth and advancement are diverse, allowing individuals to pursue fulfilling, lucrative careers in the industry. We invite you to explore the top online sports management degree programs listed above. An online sports degree in sports management can open doors to exciting lifelong career opportunities that are both financially rewarding and personally fulfilling.
- 50 Best Bachelor’s in Sports Science Degree Programs (On-Campus)
- Best Bachelor’s in Sport Management Degree Programs
- Best Associate’s Degrees for Future Sports Management Professionals
- Best Bachelor’s Degrees for Future Sports Management Professionals
- What is a Sports Massage Therapist?
- 10 Most Affordable Bachelor’s Exercise Science Degree Programs
- Top 20 Sports Law Schools Programs
- What Does a Sports Agent Do?
- 20 Affordable Bachelor’s in Sports Communications