Grand Canyon University strives to provide the necessary support for students to excel, both online and on-campus. With a rich history of 65 years of commitment to their students, GCU offers over two hundred degree programs across seven colleges, coupled with a vibrant and family-oriented school culture. Their mission goes beyond educating future leaders; they also aim to cultivate empathy and global citizenship in their students, whether they are entering as undergraduates or seeking advanced degrees.
Who is Grand Canyon University, you may ask? They are your gateway to success. Through their holistic approach to education, Christian heritage, and dedication to the global community, GCU wants to empower their students to make a difference.
Established in 1949 by the Southern Baptist Church in Prescott, AZ, Grand Canyon University was founded with the aim of providing affordable, quality education based on core values of empathy and leadership. Two years later, GCU moved to its current home in Phoenix, where it continues to give back to the local community by offering important services to families and businesses.
Nội dung chính
The Core Values of Grand Canyon University
GCU’s commitment to students and the community is reflected in their core values, which shape every aspect of their programs, whether online or on-campus:
- Global Citizenship: GCU embraces the diversity of the world, striving to understand different cultural, religious, and socioeconomic perspectives through scholarship and service.
- Critical Thinking: GCU encourages students to actively pursue knowledge by questioning ideas and applying analytical reasoning skills to better understand the curriculum, one another, and the world.
- Effective Communication: Communication is not merely speaking; it is a cooperative effort to foster understanding. GCU aims to develop students’ communication skills in various settings, whether through writing, collaboration, social media, or community engagement.
- Responsible Leadership: GCU’s ultimate goal is to foster the leaders of tomorrow, equipping students with the skills, empathy, and knowledge to make a positive impact on society.
Accreditation at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University holds multiple regional, college, and program-specific accreditations. Recognized accrediting bodies include the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the Arizona State Board for Private Post-Secondary Education, and the Veterans Administration. Additionally, individual degree programs and colleges have discipline-specific accreditations.
Grand Canyon University Online Programs
Grand Canyon University understands that not all students take the traditional path of going straight from high school to a residential four-year program. That’s why GCU offers online degrees designed to accommodate the needs of busy professionals and individuals balancing work and home life. Students can choose to earn their degree completely online or take individual online courses to enhance their skills. GCU also provides continuing education options online for those seeking professional certification. With over ten years of experience, GCU’s online platform offers students access to a comprehensive digital learning environment, including a learning management system, online library resources, and organizational tools.
Grand Canyon University Campus Life
In addition to their online programs, Grand Canyon University provides a variety of on-campus experiences for local students and residents. They continuously enhance their campus offerings to ensure students have the best experience possible. From recreation and fitness centers to residence halls, a health center, and a state-of-the-art stadium and arena, GCU offers numerous resources to support students’ academic success. The Learning Lounge, career counseling services, and student services counselors are just a few examples of the campus resources available at GCU.
While GCU’s campus and culture contribute to its greatness, it is the wide range of majors offered across its seven colleges that truly captivate students. Whether you are a high school graduate embarking on your undergraduate journey or a professional seeking advanced programs, GCU has the right degree for you. Here is a glimpse of the majors offered in each college:
- Colangelo College of Business: GCU’s business school emphasizes entrepreneurship, creative thinking, business acumen, and social responsibility.
- College of Education: GCU’s teaching program emphasizes servant leadership, innovation, and service, preparing students to make an impact in education administration or policymaking.
- College of Fine Arts and Production: From theatre and dance to digital design and screenwriting, GCU’s College of Fine Arts and Production nurtures students’ creative spirits and equips them with the skills needed to turn their passion into a profession.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: GCU’s College of Humanities offers a wide array of programs, including psychology, public administration, and English, fostering communication, analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Whether you aspire to provide bedside care or engage in healthcare research or administration, GCU’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions offers programs that emphasize professionalism, ethics, critical thinking, and accountability.
- College of Science, Engineering, and Technology: GCU’s College of Science, Engineering, and Technology provides a range of programs to thrive in STEM fields, including biology programs that serve as a foundation for advanced degrees in healthcare.
- College of Theology: GCU’s School of Ministry offers passionate, faith-based degree programs with a strong emphasis on scripture and theology.
How to Apply to Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University welcomes applications from academically qualified students aged 16 or older, regardless of their background, faith, interests, or perspectives. Specific prerequisites vary based on degree level, major, and program type. The application process for GCU online programs and campus programs is straightforward:
If you are applying to GCU Online:
- Fill out the online contact form, specifying your program of interest and providing relevant details.
- Request official transcripts from all schools you have attended.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- A university counselor will guide you through the remaining application process.
If you are applying to GCU Campus:
- Submit the online contact form expressing your interest in GCU.
- Submit your official transcripts through the Student Portal.
- Schedule a visit to experience GCU campus life firsthand.
- Meet with your admissions counselor to complete the registration process and enroll in classes.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Grand Canyon University understands that financing a college education can be complex. In addition to federal financial aid opportunities determined by the FAFSA, GCU offers a variety of scholarships and grants to support students in different situations. Some of the scholarships available at GCU include Direct Start Scholarships, Indirect Start Scholarships, Priority Registration Grant, Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering Program Grant (CSTEP), Phi Theta Kappa Grant, Grand Canyon University Grant (in-state and out-of-state), and Canyon Christian Schools Consortium (CCSC) Scholarship. For more detailed information about these and other scholarships and grants, prospective students can reach out to their admissions counselor.
Learn More About Grand Canyon University
If you want to learn more about Grand Canyon University’s online and campus programs, visit their website or fill out the contact form to connect with a representative. You can request additional information, schedule a meeting or campus visit, or start the application process. Grand Canyon University is ready to support you on your educational journey!