Nội dung chính
1 What is a Hyphen?
- Author: computerhope.com
- Published Date: 03/02/2022
- Review: 4.9 (837 vote)
- Summary: · Alternatively known as a dash, subtract, negative, or minus sign, the hyphen ( – ) is a punctuation mark on the underscore key next to the
- Matching search results: Alternatively known as a dash, subtract, negative, or minus sign, the hyphen ( – ) is a punctuation mark on the underscore key next to the “0” key on US keyboards. Pictured is an example of the hyphen and underscore key on top of the keyboard.
2 What is a Hyphen Used For? | Meaning, Rules, & Examples In a Sentence – Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com
- Author: study.com
- Published Date: 09/12/2022
- Review: 4.82 (678 vote)
- Summary: · A hyphen is a punctuation mark that looks like a single floating, horizontal line. It is one character long. It is used to join words and word
- Matching search results: Amanda Renaud has taught Middle School and High School English for 4 years. She has a Master’s of Education in Curriculum and Development with a minor in Reading Intervention from Concordia University. She is certified to teach English and Humanities in
3 Hyphens versus dashes (video) | Khan Academy
- Author: khanacademy.org
- Published Date: 09/14/2022
- Review: 4.81 (694 vote)
- Summary: · – [Voiceover] So, today we’re gonna learn about hyphens. And what a hyphen is, it’s a …
- Matching search results: – [Voiceover] Hello grammarians, hello Paige. – [Voiceover] Hi, David. – [Voiceover] So, today we’re gonna learn about hyphens. And what a hyphen is, it’s a little stick, like this, as opposed to a dash, which is about twice as long. And people confuse
4 What’s the Difference Between a Hyphen and a Dash?
- Author: easybib.com
- Published Date: 05/31/2022
- Review: 4.93 (932 vote)
- Summary: · The hyphen is simply the minus sign on your keyboard. Creating a dash is slightly more complicated and varies between word processing programs
- Matching search results: Hyphens and dashes may look similar, but if you can master their subtle differences you are well on your way to defining your own writing style.
5 What’s the Difference Between a Hyphen and a Dash?
- Author: grammarly.com
- Published Date: 02/20/2022
- Review: 4.83 (945 vote)
- Summary: A hyphen (-) is a punctuation mark that’s used to join words or parts of words . It’s not interchangeable with other types of dashes. A dash is longer than a hyphen and is commonly used to indicate a range or a pause. The most common types of dashes are the en dash (–) and the em dash (—)
- Matching search results: Hyphens are also commonly used to divide words that fall at the end of a line of text and continue on the next line. Book and newspaper publishers still set type this way, but it’s rarely necessary to manually insert word breaks in your own writing